Friday, January 15, 2021

"Applied Rationality Training Regime" #15: CoZE

   < | ^ | > 

January 15th is of course Training Regime Day 15: CoZE for "expanding your comfort zone" by listing the things that delimit it (in my case already mentioned, social issues and manual dexterity) and doing something that goes beyond them. Well, what with lockdown and all that I'm not gonna do much to stretch myself socially, so I was thinking I'd sew, but I wound up with furniture assembly instead. Or maybe as well; we'll see what happens tomorrow. 

  One "seat-adjustment"; I find it helpful to laugh at myself. I do hope that some future tips and tricks will talk about the rationality-value of comedy.  Today's the birthday (actually baptismal day, day of birth unknown) of the comic playwright Molière...I did read some of his stuff in college, though I admit it didn't make much of an impression. "Of all the noises known to man, opera is the most expensive."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home